Golden Apple Scholars of Illinois
Scholarship Sponsored by Golden Apple
The Golden Apple Scholars Program in Illinois is a teacher preparation and tuition assistance program for high school seniors and freshman and sophomore Illinois college students who have the determination and drive to be highly effective teachers in Illinois schools-of-need. We prepare aspiring teachers for immediate and lasting success in the most challenging teaching environments.
- Up to $23,000 in total financial assistance for college, inclusive of paid Scholar Institutes
- Extensive classroom teaching experience
- Academic and social-emotional support
- Job placement assistance
- Mentoring from our award-winning teaching faculty
Golden Apple Scholars Program in Illinois Application Process
- Complete online application including references and personal statements.
- Upload Unofficial Transcripts
- Standardized Test Scores (ACT or SAT)
- Standardized test scores are optional and not required for acceptance to the Golden Apple Scholars Program. The review committee will closely review the strength of course selection, G.P.A., grade trending, personal statements and overall involvement for students wishing not to submit test scores.
- Students accepted into the Scholars program must submit test scores after induction to assist in research purposes.
- Home school students are required to submit test scores for application review.
4. Participate in prospective Scholar interviews
Golden Apple Scholars Program in Illinois Eligibility Requirements
- High school Class of 2024
- College Freshmen and Sophomores at Partner Universities in Illinois
- Community college students in Illinois
- U.S. citizen, eligible non-citizen or DACAmented student and resident of Illinois
- Illinois High School Senior, Illinois Partner University Freshman or Sophomore, Illinois Community College Student.
- Academic Requirements
- Every application submitted to Golden Apple Scholars receives a holistic review. This means every piece of your application is reviewed and considered in order to make a decision. One single item does not determine your application decision.
- Meet ISAC program requirements
- 2.5 GPA
- Participation in Golden Apple Scholar Institutes
- Code of conduct compliance
- Bachelor's degree from an Illinois Partner University
- Illinois teaching certification
- Teach for five years in an Illinois school-of-need within 7 years of graduation