Women's Division Scholarship
Scholarship Sponsored by Joint Civic Committee of Italian Americans
The Women's Division of the Joint Civic Committee of Italian Americans is offering several Two thousand dollars scholarships to young ladies of Italian heritage, who are graduating high school at the end of the 2022-2023 school year. The Scholarship award will be presented on April 21st, 2023 at the Scholarship Benefit Fashion Show and Dinner to be held at the Drury Lane Oak Brook, Oak Brook Terrace, Illinois.
1. Resident of Illinois.
2. At least one parent of the applicant must be of Italian descent.
3. Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
4. Applicant must be a graduating high school senior who will be enrolled full-time in a 2 or 4 year accredited college/university or an accredited vocational/technical school.
5. Recipient must be present to accept the award.
SELECTION BASED ON:
The selection committee is seeking to award scholarships to well-rounded students who are dedicated and committed to continuing their education and who demonstrate financial needs.
1. Application completed and signed, with all questions answered. You may attach additional sheets of paper if the space provided is insufficient.
2. Copy of current official transcript.
3. Two letters of recommendation from persons, not family members, who can provide information about the candidate's motivation, potential, strengths, and personal character.
4. ACT or SAT scores.
5. Essay describing your Italian ancestry and why you are proud of your heritage.
6. Small photo of yourself.Go to Scholarship Application